History The State Bank has been a part of the Fenton community since 1898. H.B. Latourette, a long-time banker in the area, and four other prominent citizens organized the Commercial Savings Bank of Fenton. They sought to serve the needs of their neighbors and friends, thereby establishing a foundation of trust, a relationship that still exists today.
In 1988, Fentura Financial was created and changed the name of Commercial Savings Bank of Fenton to The State Bank. While our name changed our dedication to establishing strong customer relationships did not. On December 31, 2016, Fentura Financial also finalized their acquisition of St. Charles-based Community State Bank.
Today, we also serve the communities of Holly, Linden, Grand Blanc, Brighton, Birch Run, Burt, St. Charles, New Lothrop, Chesaning, Montrose, Thomas Township and Saginaw. The State Bank prides itself in providing the members of these communities with convenient banking services and the highest level of customer service. To keep up with our community's dynamic growth, Fentura Financial Partners changed it's name to The State Wealth Advisors on June 30, 2016.
As we move to the future we will continue to focus on our heritage while incorporating new technologies. The State Bank will continue to focus on strengthening our relationship with our customers, friends and neighbors who trust us with their finances.